Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, May 7, 2012

~♥ Yard Sales & Crafting ♥~

Hello on this lovely Monday afternoon.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I had the opportunity to do a little yard saling with my friend, Lisa, on Saturday before we headed to a baby shower.  I found this porcelain figurine for $1.00!  I thought it was sweet...I love baby animals.
I also found this Pennsylvania Dutch plate for .50 cents...some of the sayings on it are a hoot!
Here's some of them:

"Papa's at the table and half et already."
"Eat the plate clean and tomorrow will be a good day."
"We grow too soon olde und too late schmart."
"Katie wants marryin' she's 16 already."
"She's chust so wonderful nice."
"You get me all ferhuddled."
"Outen the light."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

On Sunday, I met with a few friends for brunch at the local I-Hop...it was so yummy!
I decided to make the girls a little Mother's Day gift from an idea I saw on Pinterest...I love that site.



This is what mine looked like:
I gave each friend a notepad, pen and a packet of "Forget Me Not" seeds.  They can use the tag as a bookmarker as well.
I scanned the picture of four children all dressed in white from a photograph that belonged to my Husband's Grandmother.  My Mother-In-Law inherited a whole box of pictures but she was going to get rid of them because she had no idea who they were...I told her I would gladly take them off of her hands.


Please feel free to use the picture for your crafting purposes.

Kim





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...